We’ve all wondered, pondered, assumed and presumed. This THINKING can drive us nuts if we allow it to interfere with taking a step back and being patient. Pick up the phone with a problem you’re having instead of pounding the keyboard as if stomping your feet, or call your client instead of assuming the worst.
When in doubt ASK!
This tip applies to all walks of life, all careers and industries and basically just a part of life. Why?
- We can NOT live on assumptions. Assumptions are NOT facts and everyone has different thinking, different opinions. It's called being human but when emotions get in the way those assumptions become very distorted.
- Unsure about a problem in my transaction. I call at least two other experts to give me second and third opinions. The first one (me) doesn't count if I'm unsure right?
- Blogging is for the birds. Uh, yeah right. I'll just keep blogging and getting leads, contact and closed transactions by writing rich content, gearing toward my niche market and gaining plenty of connections with my peers all because of it!
- Online conversations can become real. Usually, when someone is being a little transparent in their writing is when I tend to believe more about the person and who they say they are. Just remember, that just because they say they are an expert doesn’t mean you need to pay them hundred of dollars for their advice!
- Presume that ActiveRain is just out to get me. Get real. Come March it will be six years I have been a member on ActiveRain. Have they EVER done anything to me besides give me google juice and business? How about making connections with peers and meeting people face to face?
- Buyer assumes it's still a Buyer's Market and they make the rules. No matter what, we cannot force someone to sell them their home. Bullying is unappealing and the seller will choose another offer. If you are not going to listen to the information and advice of your Realtor® then you should go get your Real Estate license.
- Buyer and Seller assumes that all markets are to be looked at as NATIONWIDE. Wrong!!! Honolulu County is far from NATIONWIDE when looking at the market statistics. We have a low inventory but severely overpricing your home will not procure a buyer. Or a buyer may lose the home they really love because they did not listen to your Realtor®.
· I’m cool when I make public remarks about ActiveRain in a negative manner. I’ve watched the changes and the upgrades to ActiveRain for years and when our network is not moving as fast as we’d like it may be a little frustrating. If one gave online snide remarks about their clients like I’ve seen about the impatience while AR is fixing the problem, I can guaranty there would be fewer client in their basket.
All these assumptions, presumptions and unrealistic thinking can cost you a lot. It can cost you friendships, clients, readers, connections, the sale of your home, the purchase of your dream home, a relationship or being a reliable and trustworthy person. Having unrealistic expectations from your stinking thinking will be the cause.
Get a second opinion.
Most likely you’ll get a different perspective.
It could change your view.....
And you know what they say about those that...
Celeste "Sally" Cheeseman is a Realtor-Associate® and Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) with Century 21 Liberty Homes in Mililani, Hawaii. With a sharp understanding that a listening ear is the key to a client's needs she serves the island of Oahu (Honolulu County) and all Hawaii Military Relocations, Hawaii Retirees, Hawaii Job Transfers and Hawaii Residents, Home Buyers and Sellers.
© 2007-2015 Celeste "Sally" Cheeseman's
Hawaii Real Estate and Relocation Blog.
All rights reserved.