Just to get the story straight, the majority of Realtors® are not rich:
- Yes, we can make a good living although we have to pay taxes just like any other independent contractor or owner of a business. In Hawaii, we not only have to pay state and federal taxes but GET (general excise tax as well)
- We pay for all our expenses up front. Marketing, advertising, gasoline, office supplies and equipment, phones, websites, blogs, licensing, mls fees and real estate board dues, continuing education classes and designation yearly fees, travel expenses, lunches, parking, staging, open house refreshments. Shall I go on?
- Real Estate Agents who work for a franchise have fees to pay too. When all is said and done an agent will take home a percentage of the commission paid. The rest goes to the brokerage the agent works for minus franchise fees and any other expenses that particular office charges.
Bottom line is that we work hard for you...
... and we are rewarded with a paycheck WHEN a transaction closes.
Just to get the story straight, the majority of Realtors®:
- Will think in the best interest of our clients. We are timely, detailed and give our clients the best possible direction. We are available for our clients phone, text messages and emails and are there to explain the process to our clients step by step. We listen to your needs so we can best assist you in your home buying or selling.
- Will go above and beyond for our clients. There are times when a little added touch from us will help to sell your home. A few flowers here and there and direction to clear away clutter so that the home is Open House ready can make all the difference in the sale of your home. A little tour of the neighborhoods for those that just moved here can make all the difference in the world for a home buyer too.
- Are knowledgeable, educated and well versed in real estate. They know what their current local market is doing and know their local laws and contracts. They are also the local area expert and know their area they are servicing and able to tell you about other topics such as the history, the sites and entertainment too.
Bottom line is that I work hard for you
....and rewarded for a job well done.
It's who I am and what I do....
Under the Hawaiian Sun.
Celeste "Sally" Cheeseman is a Realtor-Associate® and Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) with Century 21 Liberty Homes in Mililani, Hawaii. With a sharp understanding that a listening ear is the key to a client's needs she serves the island of Oahu (Honolulu County) and all Hawaii Military Relocations, Hawaii Retirees, Hawaii Job Transfers and Hawaii Residents, Home Buyers and Sellers.
© 2007-2015 Celeste "Sally" Cheeseman's
Hawaii Real Estate and Relocation Blog.
All rights reserved.