Mike Mueller wrote his post What do you Love about your job? and challenged us to write about what we love about our profession. We in the Real Estate Industry love challenges and our industry has challenges galore! And it sure feels good when I take that challenge and turn it into a prize winning ending.
I worked for a Family Law Attorney for many years. Divorces, Child Custody, Temporary Restraining Orders, Adoptions, and personal problems. I worked for a program for many more years teaching classes, writing grants, admin and you name it ...I did it. And...more problems to get sucked into.
Real Estate was a career I thought was unattainable during my younger years. My mom passed Real Estate School and did not pursue it further. My dad lasted two weeks and quit because "it was a totally different language". My self esteem was rotten when I was younger and I always thought "I was not good enough".
I finally reached a point in my life where I was burnt from saving the world. Tired. Drained. When I was sitting and wondering what I would do next my husband said, "Why don't you just do what you always talk about". I then went into the Real Estate Industry.
I love my profession because:
- It still allows me to help others ...yet keep my boundaries (hooray!)
- We have to abide by a Code of Ethics and it gives our industry structure.
- I am working in Hawaii and it is surely a joy to work around such scenic treasures for the eye to behold!
- I can now take care of myself too ...instead of taking care of others and neglecting myself.
- I have the choice to structure my daily schedule around me.
- I love going through the transaction and keeping it fine tuned with all the little details to complete and follow up on. (I get off on that)
- It allows me to be me with no acting on a stage. No puppeteering or commanding and it is my business.
- It is an industry I take great pride in supporting. It's challenging and exciting and keeps me on my toes.
- I love meeting new clients and conforming as a chameleon would to different personalities, situations and circumstances.
- I have the ability to work as a team with other agents, loan officers, escrow officers, home inspectors and whoever is involved in the transaction to make it a smooth transaction. (it doesn't always turn out smooth but I sure try!)
- I also have the ability to know when too much is too much and have the resources to take on more help.
- A closed deal means everyone is happy
- Every transaction brings new learning lessons....and I love learning more. It never stops in real estate.
- First time homebuyers appreciate me walking them through step by step.
- I love helping other agents and new agents.
- I have met so many professionals in this field. And the majority of them are super nice.
- I love working in my office part time too so I can be around Real Estate FULL time. And again, I support our agents.
- When I run into a snag with a transaction I can get MANY opinions because there are a bunch in my office that extend a helping hand too.
- I work in an office where we are "family" or in Hawaiian it's called "Ohana".
- I know that the market fluctuates and I have to change with the ups and downs and that's okay with me.
- It's one that my husband has fully supported from day one because he sees how rewarding it is for me when he sees a smile on my face.
- My dad was proud of me accomplishing something he did not. My dad was proud of me and got to experience his little girl doing something I was good at....before he passed away.
- Because I'm good at it. I believe that I do everything in a professional manner and in the end......I sleep very well at night.
- *It led me to Active Rain* ......where Ohana is here as well. Where there's an abundance of information, help, support, friendship and a bunch of caring professionals all in one place.
And there are surely a lot more reasons ......but the main one is that at this time in my life.....
It fit neatly into my life like the last piece of the puzzle.
Celeste "Sally" Cheeseman, Realtor Associate ®
Century 21 Liberty Homes, Mililani, HI * (808) 375-1404
Celeste "Sally" Cheeseman is a Realtor-Associate® and Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) with Century 21 Liberty Homes in Mililani, Hawaii. With a sharp understanding that a listening ear is the key to a client's needs she serves the island of Oahu (Honolulu County) and all Hawaii Military Relocations, Hawaii Retirees, Hawaii Job Transfers and Hawaii Residents, Home Buyers and Sellers.
© 2007-2015 Celeste "Sally" Cheeseman's
Hawaii Real Estate and Relocation Blog.
All rights reserved.