Is there a criteria for what makes for a great Realtor® besides following the COE? I'm sure we all have our criteria for being the professional we are as well as what it means to be successful in this business. We also know that continuuing education, gaining more knowledge, staying up to date with the current laws and contracts of our states are musts.
There are MANY other points but the bottom line is we think ....and DO in the best interests of our clients.
How about what does NOT constitute a wonderful agent? I'll name a few and you folks add to it okay?
- Doesn't answer their phone .... for showings, for updates, status on their side during a transaction (and on and on and on) Hello???? I don't hear you!
- Quotes parts of a contract that was obsolete three years ago (and then I have to read the contingency that was changed....so they get it)
- Says, "This is the way it is usually done"; and they actually mean that it's the way they've done it and expect me to continue doing it with them. I think not.
- Doesn't follow up with the loan process for their buyer....until there are reminders from others that something is due.
- Does the bare minimal and expects escrow to follow up with everthing. Surveys, condo docs and everything and anything that they do not have to do .....they instruct escrow to do.
- ....and the list goes on.......
Quoting parts of a contract that were revised three years ago tops the cake here.
Did I hear that right?
Staying up to date with Real Estate Laws & the changes in our purchase contract is a must;
lest we be giving wrong information to our clients and looking like fools to our peers.
Celeste "Sally" Cheeseman is a Realtor-Associate with Century 21 Liberty Homes in Mililani, Hawaii. With a sharp understanding that a listening ear is the key to a client's needs she serves the island of Oahu (Honolulu County) and all Hawaii Military Relocating to Hawaii, Hawaii Retirees, Hawaii Job Transfers and Hawaii Residents. Website: www.hawaiihomesmarket.com
Celeste "Sally" Cheeseman is a Realtor-Associate® and Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) with Century 21 Liberty Homes in Mililani, Hawaii. With a sharp understanding that a listening ear is the key to a client's needs she serves the island of Oahu (Honolulu County) and all Hawaii Military Relocations, Hawaii Retirees, Hawaii Job Transfers and Hawaii Residents, Home Buyers and Sellers.
© 2007-2015 Celeste "Sally" Cheeseman's
Hawaii Real Estate and Relocation Blog.
All rights reserved.