Without risks there would be wondering, the ‘what ifs', no growth, no change. Without risks there would be a stagnant, unproductive, bored and lethargic life. Without risks I would have no in between. There would be life and death and no in between.
And it's what I do in between is what really matters. The legacy I will leave behind.
There was a time in my life where I pushed passed that comfort zone and had overcome the fear of trying something new. In my case it was detrimental in turning my life around because that old way of thinking...the beliefs I held about my own self were just getting me NO where.
I became a totally different person in the process.
I would have no place in the Real Estate Industry if I did not RISK trying something new and everything below is everything I did not do before.
- I went to Real Estate School at a point in my life where I was drained from helping people who did not want to help themselves (I worked for a Family Law Attorney and a Structured Program for many years each) I took a risk and went to school.....a whole different language to say the least.
- I am a Realtor -Associate with Century 21 Liberty Homes in Mililani, Hawaii in Honolulu County. (Independent Contractor) I took a big risk to try something new as I had not ever sold anything prior. I found out it has more to it than selling and the core of it is "thinking and doing in the best interests of my client"
- I also work for Century 21 Liberty Homes (Office Support, Web Support, Property Management Support and you name it...I am it.....2.5 days a week. (Employee) I took a risk to do the ‘other side' of Real Estate and have conquered the separation between my sales and my office duties.
- I also assist another agent with files (File Support...because I like organization and paperwork.....he doesn't,,,,and he's my friend) I took a risk to take on more....and honored that I am trusted for this job....as with many other agents who have other jobs that they refer to me or ask me to help them co-list and/or assist them with their buyers/sellers.
- I excelled in learning about computer technology and started by using software programs and learning by trial and error. I just completed my third website and I am very proud of this one>>> www.hawaiihomesmarket.com I took many risks to put myself out there....and finally get it right.....and did it all on my own.
- I am a stickler for keeping a very clean and maintained pc and keeping my pc upgraded. I don't like a zillion icons on my desktop and I don't like a zillion programs running in the background. I took a risk to learn because it saves time!
- I blog and have been blogging since being introduced to ActiveRain in March of 2007. I wasn't too cyber psychology savvy but I have learned. I took a risk in trying something new in the way of marketing myself and it has proven to be the best investment I have made. www.cheesemanhomes.com
- I learned by trial and error that online communication may not be the same for others as it is for me. I have learned to risk talking to others at my own expense of making a fool out of myself, learning to let go and move on from personality conflicts or the rewards of making meaningful and lasting relationships or gaining a client. At least I took that risk instead of wondering or making up my own conclusions about someone I had not even talked to.
- In January 2002 I took a risk and married Gary. That was the biggest risk and the most rewarding to date. :)
I have no control over anything in this world.....except myself.
I continue to take risks in everything I do every day. I read, I research, I ask questions and I LISTEN. Not everything will work for me but I sure can use what I need and throw the rest away. I understand that I need to take care of self first.....for with that insight into the depth of my own self worth there is knowledge in knowing that everything else will follow.
I LISTEN. For with an Open Mind there is room to allow other ideas in.
I take risks to try something new.
Therefore, I grow.
Risks ARE Gifts.
Celeste "Sally" Cheeseman is a Realtor-Associate with Century 21 Liberty Homes in Mililani, Hawaii. With a sharp understanding that a listening ear is the key to a client's needs she serves the island of Oahu (Honolulu County) and all Hawaii Military Relocating to Hawaii, Hawaii Retirees, Hawaii Job Transfers and Hawaii Residents.
Co-Author of "Profit from Technology"
Special Limited Time Offer
Receive BOTH the digital and printed versions
of Profit From Technology for one low price of $19.95
if you order before June 30th, 2009
Celeste "Sally" Cheeseman is a Realtor-Associate® and Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) with Century 21 Liberty Homes in Mililani, Hawaii. With a sharp understanding that a listening ear is the key to a client's needs she serves the island of Oahu (Honolulu County) and all Hawaii Military Relocations, Hawaii Retirees, Hawaii Job Transfers and Hawaii Residents, Home Buyers and Sellers.
© 2007-2015 Celeste "Sally" Cheeseman's
Hawaii Real Estate and Relocation Blog.
All rights reserved.