Wow...amazing how I feel so relieved from just coloring those boxes in at the poll center in my neighborhood this morning! A misty kind of morning to fit well with the mystery of the anticipated outcome of our election process.
In the meantime, while all the hoo haaa was going on the last 21 months during the campaigning I was out there keeping the balance with my work and family life. In my mind, soul, heart and being I have come to learn that balance will always be key to my success in all areas of my life.
You see, I believe success starts from within and with that in mind I carried through this last year focusing on what I need to do to keep afloat in spirit and of course in my business. Last December we had curve balls flying from all directions. The year started with my family keeping a positive outlook. My husband kept telling me that we need not worry.
"Because good things happen to good people," he said. And he added, "And we're good people."
Let go of fear, worry, hypothetical situations and all that comes with the "what ifs" and just DO IT.
And we did.
- My business started slow the first half of the year but was steady.
- The last half a year has been grand and I am ending the year at a higher level than last year.
- My son finally got his VA approval for school and he is comfortably settled in to studying after a long two year process of once again establishing his residency here and getting ready to start school.
- My daughter is continuing at the same college after finally deciding that her dream is forensic science.
- My husband was settled in his new job two months after his company closed this past January nationwide...and he's happy.
- My dog Shadow is stable with her blood platelets at a normal level.
- Blogging on brought me half of my clients this year from my blog and my website (which by the way..is directly linked to ActiveRain for all I've learned to MAKE my website findable)
- My mom is going to be 81 years old come Januaryand 2008 at 80 years old was well spent! (still working, golfing, Las Vegas twice and more!)
- We made it through the second year of no smoking. So what if we put on an extra 10 pounds and can't get rid of it, right? January 13th will make two years after 30+ of smoking.
- I voted this morning and no matter what the outcome I will support our Mayor, our President and others that are chosen. Acceptance.
Don't you think that looking for all the positives around me helped?
Relief after the 'storm'.
Celeste "Sally" Cheeseman is a Realtor-Associate® and Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) with Century 21 Liberty Homes in Mililani, Hawaii. With a sharp understanding that a listening ear is the key to a client's needs she serves the island of Oahu (Honolulu County) and all Hawaii Military Relocations, Hawaii Retirees, Hawaii Job Transfers and Hawaii Residents, Home Buyers and Sellers.
© 2007-2015 Celeste "Sally" Cheeseman's
Hawaii Real Estate and Relocation Blog.
All rights reserved.