Okay, let's get going again with this moving thing. In order to have a smooth transition in your Hawaii Relocation you NEED to be proactive! Get your "To Do" list together so you will not be scrambling at the last minute! So often we procrastinate and forget ‘to do' things so a ‘to do' list may just come in handy.
The following list will give you a guideline and help you in being proactive with your Move to Hawaii.
- USPS (United States Postal Service) has all the tools online at to give notice of your 'Change of Address', to Hold your mail until you get to your new address, for shipping products, services and more. (Notify all your banks, credit card company and any other bill payees)
- Make sure and start preparing your pet for relocation long before! You can find more information as well in this Animal Quarantine's Hawaii Rabies Quarantine Brochure and in the Checklist for 5-day or Less Program
- Get in touch with this local Hawaii Realtor® and start your personalized search for your new home with the online personal webpage I'll set up for you according to your special and specific criteria. You can view a wide selection of home, condos and townhouse with the Hawaii and Nationwide Home Search too.
- Get all your documents together that you will need for your loan process (i.e. 2 mos. bank statements, LES (paycheck stubs), two years W-2's) Your loan officer will give you a detailed list as well.
- Your Important family documents: Your birth certificates, social security cards, marriage records, divorce or death records, your children's school records, ALL pet documents, medical records, shot records, car documents, and any other documents you may need before your household goods arrive.
- Pack necessities. Your household goods may take up to 6-8 weeks to arrive so make sure you have basic important necessities and valuables packed. Remember, Hawaii is a tropical climate and you will NOT need snow clothing :)
- Have a garage sale with items you have not used for six months and longer or no longer need. Your Hawaii Home will most likely have less interior sq, ft. so be prepared for smaller. Washer/Dryers usually are included with the sale of a property.
- Book Airline Tickets ahead of time if you know your exact departure date. Two weeks or more and you'll get a big discount on airfare. Be sure to go to this website for items not allowed through checkpoints and basic tips for travelers http://www.tsatraveltips.us/
- Book your hotel /lodging WAY ahead of time. If you are arriving during peak tourist season I can guaranty that the hotel rooms are booked way in advance.
With our warm climate, tropical breezes and breathtaking scenery you can be assured the Hawaiian Islands are all you've heard...and then some. Helping you to make your Hawaii transition, relocation and home buying process a smooth one.
Be proactive for your Hawaii Relocation!
"Sally" Cheeseman is a Realtor-Associate® with Century 21 Liberty Homes in Mililani, Hawaii. With a sharp understanding that a listening ear is the key to a client's needs she serves the island of Oahu (Honolulu County) and all Hawaii Military Relocating to Hawaii, Hawaii Retirees, Hawaii Job Transfers and Hawaii Residents.
Celeste "Sally" Cheeseman is a Realtor-Associate® and Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) with Century 21 Liberty Homes in Mililani, Hawaii. With a sharp understanding that a listening ear is the key to a client's needs she serves the island of Oahu (Honolulu County) and all Hawaii Military Relocations, Hawaii Retirees, Hawaii Job Transfers and Hawaii Residents, Home Buyers and Sellers.
© 2007-2015 Celeste "Sally" Cheeseman's
Hawaii Real Estate and Relocation Blog.
All rights reserved.