So, you have your Real Estate License and you're thinking about making a go of selling real estate. You already have the mindset that you will make every effort to be the best you can be in this business. One thing is for certain: If you don't have good morals, beliefs and values in your life every day then all the rules, laws, regulations, code of ethics will not come even close to being something you will follow or adhere to.
There are no cutting corners in real estate when:
- You are explaining a contract to your clients or answering any questions they may have. If you do not know the information or an answer to a question....ASK!
- You missed an initial and need your client to sign their initial, signature or date. Make the effort to scan and email, fax, drive to meet them and DO NOT...I REPEAT...DO NOT sign, date anything for them.
- You need to document all calls, emails and correspondence. Not only will it protect you and your client but it will also give you an easy way to refer back to a conversation when there is doubt.
- You need to keep updated with the latest information. Do what is beneficial to your business and keep your mind, files, websites and blogs updated with current information. There is nothing worse than giving out OLD information.
- Staying up to date with real estate technology. There are many websites, blogs, social sites and more that are beneficial to marketing online. Keep up to date with what works for you. For me it's beneficial to have a top of the line home office as I spend most of my time .... At my home office hehe.
- Being available for all that are involved in the transaction. There is no such thing as only texting, or only emailing or only phone calls. All avenues for communicating have to be covered to serve all clients who prefer a certain way to communicate.
So, if you already have the mindset that you will make every effort to be the best you can be in this business, then GOOD FOR YOU! You most likely are following the right path.
If you are cutting corners and you have to constantly look over your shoulder...
Then maybe it's time to make that positive change....for your business.
Better yet, for a personal change for a better life.
And all success will follow.
Celeste "Sally" Cheeseman is a Realtor-Associate® and Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) with Century 21 Liberty Homes in Mililani, Hawaii. With a sharp understanding that a listening ear is the key to a client's needs she serves the island of Oahu (Honolulu County) and all Hawaii Military Relocations, Hawaii Retirees, Hawaii Job Transfers and Hawaii Residents, Home Buyers and Sellers.
© 2007-2015 Celeste "Sally" Cheeseman's
Hawaii Real Estate and Relocation Blog.
All rights reserved.